May 11, 2011 In Interviews
Emmanuel Castis’s ‘project me’ story
Read the latest Emmanuel interview on ‘Project Me’ – full story at jodeneshaer.com:
- What is your definition of happiness?
My definition of happiness is being surrounded by people you love, and who love you in return.
- If you could have everyone say one thing to themselves every day, what would it be?
I am worthy of being loved, and I deserve all the good things the Universe gives me.
- We all need someone to believe in us. Who is that person for you and why?
That is an interesting question, because we all assume that it should be someone else in the world who we need to believe in us, but in my mind the most important person one needs to believe in them, is oneself! If you don’t believe in yourself, people can pick that up and in turn will respond the same way towards you.
- What quality do you believe we can never be taught because it is our birth right?
Innocence. The problem is that we lose that innocence as we grow up. Part of that innocence is forgiveness and playfulness. They are also destroyed as we grow up, by the fears instilled in us by those who bring us up. Forgiveness and playfulness can be regained, but can innocence? I don’t think so.
- Describe the moment when you realised that you could achieve anything?
I’m still waiting for it…hehe. I think I have to keep reminding myself that I can achieve anything, because one sometimes forgets it! But the moment I discovered that was when I raised the Strictly Come Dancing Trophy. I danced live in front of millions of people, and I won!
- What have you always dreamed of being or doing and have you reached that dream?
I always wanted to be a successful actor and musician. I’ve reached that with acting, although I still have a way to go to reach my ultimate success. My music still has a way to go. I also want to be effective in creating change to the way we think about our environment, by using my profile to get there.
- When life gets in the way, what do you always remind yourself of?
The universe will always hand you situations, that you can deal with.
- We all have something unique to offer the world, what is yours?
Me. If it’s in you you can do anything: act, sing, dance, secure a business deal. Anyone can do that. The one thing nobody can offer the world or a situation, is Me. Only I can do that.
- How do you deal with the fears that could potentially hold you back?
I find someone to talk to. It helps weaken the fear. When you now realise that we all have fears to deal with, it gives you strength to face them. Strength in numbers.
- What do you believe we have lost sight of in the world as a whole?
I believe we have lost sight of our values. Nowadays, people value money more than love, material things more than people, and personal gain more than self-worth. We need to stop and take a serious look at that.